To maintain best performance and longest lifespan of your Mont Hydronaute Shellwear it is important to keep it relatively clean.
While shellwear does not require washing as frequently as general clothing, it is still important to ensure that sweat and body oils and other contaminants do not build up on the fabric. These contaminants, if left on the fabric, may cause bacteria to grow which can eat away at the bonding between waterproof membrane and seam sealing tape, causing de-lamination and a leaking garment.
When it is due for a clean, follow these simple steps to maximise the life and performance of your Mont Hydronaute Shellwear:
- Select a gentle machine wash or hand wash your garment in warm water using a specialist shellwear wash. Grangers, Storm & NikWax make appropriate products.
- Drip dry in the shade, do not tumble dry.
- Iron the outside of your dry garment on a gentle setting (low heat, no steam) with a towel or cloth between the garment and the iron. This will reinvigorate the DWR treatment on the exterior of the garment.
- When the DWR treatment on the exterior of the garment can no longer be reinvigorated by ironing use a spray on DWR treatment. Grangers, Storm & NikWax make appropriate products.
The Don'ts ✗
- DO NOT dry-clean
- DO NOT use bleach or fabric softener
- DO NOT use an in-wash waterproofing solution
- DO NOT tumble dry
- DO NOT store damp or dirty