- Between trips always store your bag in its storage sack to help maintain the loft & warmth of your bag.
- We recommend using a Mont Inner Sheet with your bag; this will help keep it clean & maintain the loft & warmth of your bag.
- Using a camping mat under your bag will help keep the bag clean & will provide thermal insulation from the ground.
- Always air your bag after each use & store completely dry.
Washing your sleeping bag
We recommend hand washing your bag in a large tub with down-cleaner. Do not dry-clean. Do not use bleach or fabric softener. Do not use a top loading washing machine.
- Turn your bag inside out or unzip completely.
- Fill the tub with lukewarm water enough to cover the bag, add down-cleaner as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Gently knead the bag to work water & cleaner throughout taking care not to lift the bag out of the water.
- Empty the tub & compress the bag to expel as much soiled water as possible.
- Refill the tub with clean water & knead the bag to rinse out the soiled water; this step may need to be repeated.
- Empty tub & compress bag until thoroughly drained.
- Roll bag into a ball & lift with two hands. Lifting a wet bag loosely can cause the fabric to tear.
Drying your sleeping bag
- Carefully carry with two hands to a tumble dryer.
- Tumble dry on a delicate & low heat setting. Check the bag frequently to make sure it is not overheating. A few clean tennis balls in the dryer will help prevent the down clumping.
- Intermittently massage the bag to break up any down clumps.
- Carefully feel the down to ensure it is completely dry before storing. Mont recommends laying the bag out for several days after drying before storing.